Sunday, May 23, 2010

World's Easiest Recipe: Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Crispies



So, by now you've probably figured out that none of the recipes I post are very complicated or difficult.  If you want complicated and difficult, you'll need to convince my brother or sister to start a blog.  No, really, my brother is a musician/chef, and my sister is a rocket scientist who makes her own fondant and whipped cream (but not together, that'd be odd...)

I'm the slow one in the family :)

But that's good news for you, because it means none of these recipes should require anything more than the most basic kitchen would normally have.

So, without further ado, the World's Easiest Recipe! No really, it's as easy as making toast!

What you need is....

a tortilla (I used flour)
a smidge of butter or margerine
a sprinkle of cinnamon
a sprinkle of sugar
a cutting board
a cookie sheet (foil is optional)
a spoon
a pizza cutter (or knife, if your pizza cutter is in the dishwasher!)



Preheat your oven to 350(f)



So, place 1 tortilla on the cutting board.
Schmear with a smidgen of butter. (I find this task infinitely easier when I use the back of a spoon instead of a butter knife)
Sprinkle with cinnamon
Sprinkle with sugar (I used raw, cuz I like the taste better)







Cut into 8ths and place on cookie sheet.
Bake for 5 minutes at 350(f), then crank the oven up to BROIL, BABY!  Watch closely and remove when the crispies are bubbly and just starting to brown.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment